Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ball Lightning

I actually experienced this up close and personal when I was 10-12 years old.

I opened the front door of my uncle's house. As I looked right a shimmering ball of light came around the corner of the house. It was about basketball sized and white. It was silent but had a static like quality about it.

It stopped dead directly in front of my face perhaps 2-3 feet in front of me! I was scared to death. I slammed the door shut. After perhaps 10 seconds I peeked back out. It had proceeded to the other corner of the house and was rounding the corner. I never saw it, or another lightning ball again.

I know this sounds nuts, but I had the feeling when it was in front of me that it was "looking" at me.

Those that have read many of my posts know I tend to post heavily on esoteric subjects. This is one of the experiences in my life that got me interested in such things.

addendum:
It was a clear, warm, "fluffy cloud" type of summer day when this transpired. I doubt there was any electrical storm. If so, it was an hour or more prior.

an article about the subject


Site Meter